Dear Mrs. Zrihen,
I currently finished reading: The History of the World According to Facebook. By: Wylie Overstreet. This book explained the history of the world from The Singularity all the way to Osama Bin Laden's death. I thought it was so cool that the author made the whole thing look like a Facebook page.
I used 6 strategies while reading: 2 before, 2 during & 2 after.
The 2 before:
- I read reviews online
- I skim & scanned the book. I saw the cover looked like a facebook page & and it said in the corner, A PARODRY!!!. So I instantly knew it was going to be a funny book. And as I read I realized it was a parody of things that happened through time, but the vents were real.
The 2 during:
- After every “post” I read the “comments” to see if I had already learned this part of history.
- After every time section I read I summarized it
The 2 after:
- I read the conclusion
- I discussed it with my mom.
The P.O.O is linear. The P.O.V is 1st person because every comment was written in 1st person like a facebook comment. The genre of this book is Informational. The sub-genres are non-fiction & humor.
The book startes from The Singularity then goes from when God made light, Dinosaurs, Adam & Eve, Ancient Egypt, Jesus, The Dark Ages, The Renaissance, then goes to modern day culture.
I would rate this book 7/10 because, although it was funny and I learned a lot, most of the things if I didn't already know it, I would probably not know whats going on, so some things I had to look up, but in hien sight I learned a ton. I would recommend this book to people who believe in God ( only because he was mentioned very often), & people who enjoy humor, ages 15-67 I do not recommend it too much to kids.
Sincerely,
Shianne
No comments:
Post a Comment